Equipment Checkout Policies
You will need the fill out the Equipment Waiver before any equipment will be checked out to you. No exceptions.
- I alone can check equipment out from the 6th floor Advanced Technology Office, and return the equipment to the 6th floor Advanced Technology Office or the after-hours drop box located outside the Advanced Technology Office (Microsoft Surfaces cannot be left in the drop box. Please plan accordingly). Someone else cannot return equipment for me.
- Each time you check out the equipment, you will verify that it is in working order, that nothing is missing, and that there is no visible damage to the equipment. I also understand that if I return this equipment and it is damaged, I am responsible for any damage or missing parts.
- You alone are responsible for anything that happens to the equipment while you have it checked out. You agree to pay for all necessary repairs, up to the replacement value of the equipment listed below, for equipment that gets damaged while in your care.
- I understand that checked out equipment must be returned to the Advanced Technology Office by the next business day, or deposited in the after-hours drop box located outside the Advanced Technology Office before a staff member arrives the following morning (Microsoft Surfaces cannot be left in the drop box. Please plan accordingly). Extended checkout requests must be submitted in advance and must receive written approval from the Director of Advanced Technology.
- I agree to pay the assigned late fee for any checked-out equipment returned after the due date. I acknowledge that the late fees are structured as follows:
- for the first 4 late offenses in the academic year: $20/day
- for the next 3 late offenses: $40/day
- for the next 3 late offenses: $80/day
- late fees will continue to double after every 3 late offenses.
- If this equipment is lost or stolen, during the time I have the equipment checked out, I will be responsible for the replacement cost of the equipment as determined by the Advanced Technology Office.